BAR & MERCHANDISE MANAGER
Witness London Ltd is currently looking to recruit a dynamic and motivated BAR & MERCHANDISE MANAGER to join the team. This is an exciting new role based at the magnificent London County Hall Theatre. With our Olivier Award nominated landmark production of Agatha Christie’s sensational courtroom drama Witness for the Prosecution recently celebrating its first anniversary, there couldn’t be a better time to join the team.
We are now looking for a dynamic and passionate leader who will be able to continue driving our process of change with an intensive focus on expanding commercial operations at the theatre.
Witness London Ltd strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If you’d like an informal and completely confidential conversation about the role please email Tom Powis on email@example.com to arrange a time to talk on the phone
Location: London County Hall, Southbank
Closing Date: Sunday 21st October 2018
First interviews: Thursday 25th October 2018
Salary: £26,000 – £28,600 per annum (dependent on experience), paid weekly in arrears
Initial Contract Length: Fixed Term 6 months with a view to extend.
Hours: 40 per week (5 days per week)
• Be responsible for the delivery of all aspects of day to day commercial operations, including the sales of drinks, programmes, ice creams, merchandise and other refreshments.
• Be responsible for generating and maximising income across all bar and merchandising activities at the theatre.
• To oversee the proper upkeep and maintenance of the theatre’s bars and service areas.
• Establish quarterly reports and revenue targets, to be discussed with the producers.
• Develop, monitor and update weekly reporting and month-end procedures.
• Take responsibility of the financial management and the smooth operation of the bar and merchandise outlets at the theatre.
• Research new product lines and present options to the Producers, with accompanying figures and analysis.
• Negotiate with current suppliers to maximise profit margins and increase retro deals.
• To represent the theatre where appropriate to external bodies and suppliers.
• Be responsible for the administration of all bar services and merchandise operations.
• With the Theatre Manager, manage and recruit the Front of House staff to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service.
• Monitor and enforce the Theatre’s Health and Safety Policy, and licensing requirements. To deputise for the Theatre and Operations Manager as required, and act as a Duty Manager for at least one day per week.
• Within the policies determined by the General Manager contribute to the overall vision, strategy, communications and values of Witness London Ltd and to ensure they are understood, shared and implemented by all Front of House staff.
• At least 3 years’ experience in bar management, arts management, events management and/or hospitality management.
• Have a valid personal licence to sell alcohol.
• Excellent leadership, business and management skills
• Experience of successful financial management and budget monitoring
• Demonstrable success in seeking out and negotiating commercial deals with suppliers.
• Excellent people skills and the ability to build strong working relationships within the team and externally
• Knowledge of employment obligations, procedures and good practice
• Knowledge of licensing obligations and venue management good practice
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent management and time management skills
• Personal integrity
• Demonstrable success in securing additional income through product advertising/sponsorship opportunities.
• IT literate
• A knowledge of and passion for theatre and the performing arts.
• First Aid and/or other appropriate training